The Lamoille County Nature Center Summer Camp Program is a favorite for nature-lovers ages 5-12. Campers make summer memories exploring and discovering the forests, fields and trails of our beautiful 40 acres on Cole Hill Road in Morrisville. Summer Camps are week-long day camp programs and are geared towards a theme and age range for each week.
$225 for LCCD Members and $275 for non-members (Contact us for Scholarship information)
Summer Camp Programs 2022
Layers of Life- NOW Full!
5-8 year olds, July 11-14th 2022
Underground, on the ground, in the water, in the trees, and in the sky. Each day we will explore a layer of life in the forest, using all our senses. We will create, learn, play, move and give back to the earth. Craft projects, games, stories, and adventures will fill our days.
Guardians of the Watershed- Only 3 spaces left!
8-12 year olds, July 18-22nd 2022
The rain the falls on the leaf of a tree at our nature center travels its path to the Lamoille River, into Lake Champlain, then reaching the Atlantic Ocean. We will play with river and watershed models to better understand our watershed and what we can all do to help protect it.
8-12 year olds, July 25-29th 2022
For artists and crafters of all mediums. In this collaborative camp, you will spend 2 days at our nature center creating art in the forest and 2 days at River Arts campus, followed by an art celebration day at Oxbow Park to showcase our work. Registrations will be through River Arts website, availible here.
- Register Online here then mail in a check
- Print and mail Registration Form
- Camp Health and Emergency Form
- Camp Behavior Policy
- Scholarship Application
- Our camps take place entirely outdoors and we like to keep our group-sizes small even in “normal” years. In addition, the following precautions will help keep our staff, campers and community safe:
- We will practice social distancing and masks will be required when in close proximity or indoors.
- Frequently used surfaces will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Multiple hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer will be provided.
What Does My Child Need for Camp?
- Full water bottle, snack, and lunch for full-day camp. Water bottle and snack for half-day camp.
- Comfortable shoes for hiking short distances.
- A hat for the sun.
- Clothing appropriate to the weather—we are outside all day so good layers and rain gear are a must!
- Sunscreen and bug spray if you wish.
- An extra mask.